Explore below for more information on how to apply for a GiVE 365 grant. For examples of past themes and grants, click here. If you have questions, please e-mail(ewarren [at] cfgm [dot] org) Elizabeth Warren, Director of Grants & Initiatives, Community Foundation of Greater Memphis, or call her at (901) 722-0022.
The 2018 grant theme is Reconnecting Memphis: programs that bridge and celebrate our communities. Grants will support programs or projects that bring together different types of people, and increase appreciation and/or understanding of others' perspectives and experiences. Please read below for more details on eligibility and how to apply.
Typically, grants range from $2,000 to $10,000.
Please note the following eligibility criteria for submitting a GiVE 365 application.
- Grants can only be made to 501(c)(3) organizations, though a fiscal agent may be used with a signed memorandum of understanding between the applicant and agent. Please contact Elizabeth Warren at ewarren [at] cfgm [dot] org or (901) 722-0022 before applying with a fiscal agent. (The Community Foundation of Greater Memphis will not act as a fiscal agent.)
- All applicants or fiscal agents MUST have a published WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org profile by the application deadline in order to meet the eligibility criteria.* See dates below regarding submitting a new profile or updating an existing one.
- All applications must address the 2018 grant theme, Reconnecting Memphis: programs that bridge and celebrate our communities. Applicants are highly encouraged to attend an information session.
*If you believe your organization or fiscal agent is exempt from the WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org profile requirement, please contact Olivia Wilmot at owilmot [at] cfgm [dot] org or (901) 722-0028.
Important dates & deadlines
- December 7: The 2018 grant theme is announced - Reconnecting Memphis: programs that bridge and celebrate our communities. Nonprofits should determine whether their program or project fits the grant theme before applying. Typically, grants range from $2,000 to $10,000.
- December 12 - January 17: Interested applicants can attend one of five information sessions held at the Community Foundation of Greater Memphis, 1900 Union Avenue. (OPTIONAL) Click here for dates/registration
- December 18: Application opens online via the NEW! Grants portal. Click on the portal link and register as a Grant Administrator for your organization to begin the application process.
- January 18: All applicants or fiscal agents MUST submit a WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org profile by this date in order to meet the eligibility criteria. If your nonprofit has not yet developed a profile, please visit this page to create an account and begin the process. You may also attend a How to Build a Profile session for extra assistance. Register here
- January 25: If your organization already has a WHEREtoGIVE profile, please review, update, and submit all edits by this date. If you have questions about maintaining the profile, please e-mail Olivia Wilmot at owilmot [at] cfgm [dot] org, call her at 901-722-0028, or attend a help session. Register here
- February 1: Applications must be submitted via the Grants portal by 4:00 p.m. All applicants must have a published WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org profile by this deadline.
- March 16: All applicants will be notified via e-mail whether or not their proposal has been selected by the grant review teams to be a grant finalist. If selected, applicants are invited to be a part of the Finals event.
- April (TBA): At the Finals event, grant finalists each present their proposals to GiVE 365 members in 3 minutes or less.
- April - May: After the Finals event, GiVE 365 members vote for their top grant choices in order to collectively determine grant funding.
- May (TBA): 2018 grants will be announced prior to the Community Foundation's Annual Meeting.