We are no longer accepting GiVE 365 applications for 2019. Grant awards will be announced in May. The grant theme for GiVE 365's next grant round will be announced in December 2019.
The 2019 grant theme is Pathways to Success: programs that provide workforce training and career development. Grants will support programs or projects that promote long-term sustainability and the security of our most vulnerable citizens. Please read below for more details on eligibility and how to apply.
Please note the following eligibility criteria for submitting a GiVE 365 application.
- Grants can only be made to 501(c)(3) organizations, though a fiscal agent may be used with a signed memorandum of understanding between the applicant and agent.*
- All applicants or fiscal agents MUST have a published WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org profile by the application deadline in order to meet the eligibility criteria.** See specific dates below regarding submitting a new profile or updating an existing one.
- All applications must address the grant theme. Applicants are highly encouraged to attend an information session. Register here.
*Please contact Elizabeth Warren at ewarren [at] cfgm [dot] org or (901) 722-0022 before applying with a fiscal agent. The Community Foundation of Greater Memphis will not act as a fiscal agent.
**If you believe your organization or fiscal agent is exempt from the WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org profile requirement, please contact Olivia Wilmot at owilmot [at] cfgm [dot] org or (901) 722-0028.
Important dates & deadlines
- December 2018 - January 2019: Interested applicants can attend one of four information sessions held at the Community Foundation of Greater Memphis, 1900 Union Avenue. (OPTIONAL)
- December 12, 2018: The 2019 grant theme is announced. Nonprofits should determine whether their program or project fits the grant theme before applying.
- December 18, 2018: Application opens online via the Grants portal. Click on the portal link to login or register as a Grant Administrator for your organization to begin the application process.
- January 24, 2019: Deadline for all applicants or fiscal agents to submit a WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org profile for review, including profile updates, in order to meet the eligibility criteria. If your nonprofit has not yet developed a profile, please visit this page to create an account and begin the process. For extra assistance, register here to attend a profile help session or contact Olivia Wilmot at owilmot [at] cfgm [dot] org or 901-722-0028.
- February 7, 2019: Deadline to submit a complete application via the Grants portal by 11:59 p.m. All applicants must have a published, reviewed WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org profile by this deadline.
- March 20, 2019: All applicants will be notified via e-mail whether or not their proposal has been selected by GiVE 365 member review teams to be a grant finalist. If selected, finalists are required to present at The Finals event.
- April 2019 (TBA): At The Finals, grant finalists each present their proposals to GiVE 365 members in 3 minutes or less.
- May 2019 (TBA): GiVE 365 members will vote online, and grant awards will be announced at the Community Foundation's Annual Meeting.
Download a PDF of the 2019 Applicant Eligibility & Deadlines here.
Check out these FAQs or contact Elizabeth Warren, Director of Grants & Initiatives, at ewarren [at] cfgm [dot] org or call her at (901) 722-0022.