The 2019 grant theme is Pathways to Success: programs that provide workforce training and career development. Grants will support programs or projects that promote long-term sustainability and the security of our most vulnerable citizens. Please read below for more details on eligibility and how to apply.
Please note the following eligibility criteria for submitting a GiVE 365 application.
- Grants can only be made to 501(c)(3) organizations, though a fiscal agent may be used with a signed memorandum of understanding between the applicant and agent.*
- All applicants or fiscal agents MUST have a published WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org profile by the application deadline in order to meet the eligibility criteria.** See specific dates below regarding submitting a new profile or updating an existing one.
- All applications must address the grant theme. Applicants are highly encouraged to attend an information session. Register here.
*Please contact Elizabeth Warren at ewarren [at] cfgm [dot] org or (901) 722-0022 before applying with a fiscal agent. The Community Foundation of Greater Memphis will not act as a fiscal agent.
**If you believe your organization or fiscal agent is exempt from the WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org profile requirement, please contact Olivia Wilmot at owilmot [at] cfgm [dot] org or (901) 722-0028.
Important dates & deadlines
- December 2018 - January 2019: Interested applicants can attend one of four information sessions held at the Community Foundation of Greater Memphis, 1900 Union Avenue. (OPTIONAL) Click here for dates/registration.
- December 12, 2018: The 2019 grant theme is announced. Nonprofits should determine whether their program or project fits the grant theme before applying.
- December 18, 2018: Application opens online via the Grants portal. Click on the portal link to login or register as a Grant Administrator for your organization to begin the application process.
- January 24, 2019: Deadline for all applicants or fiscal agents to submit a WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org profile for review, including profile updates, in order to meet the eligibility criteria. If your nonprofit has not yet developed a profile, please visit this page to create an account and begin the process. For extra assistance, register here to attend a profile help session or contact Olivia Wilmot at owilmot [at] cfgm [dot] org or 901-722-0028.
- February 7, 2019: Deadline to submit a complete application via the Grants portal by 11:59 p.m. All applicants must have a published, reviewed WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org profile by this deadline.
- March 20, 2019: All applicants will be notified via e-mail whether or not their proposal has been selected by GiVE 365 member review teams to be a grant finalist. If selected, finalists are required to present at The Finals event.
- April 2019 (TBA): At The Finals, grant finalists each present their proposals to GiVE 365 members in 3 minutes or less.
- May 2019 (TBA): GiVE 365 members will vote online, and grant awards will be announced at the Community Foundation's Annual Meeting.
Download a PDF of the 2019 Applicant Eligibility & Deadlines here.
Check out these FAQs or contact Elizabeth Warren, Director of Grants & Initiatives, at ewarren [at] cfgm [dot] org or call her at (901) 722-0022.