GiVE 365's informed and aware membership makes grants to support nonprofits in the greater Memphis area. The GiVE 365 membership chooses an annual theme to guide its grant making for that year. Typically, grants range from $2,000 to $10,000.
Since its inception, GiVE 365 has grown to more than 240 member households and has provided $438,190 in grants to local community groups and initiatives.
Please note that all applicants or fiscal agents of applicants MUST have a published WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org profile before submission of an application. If you do not yet have one, please visit the page linked above to create an account and begin the process of developing a profile. If you believe your organization or fiscal agent is exempt, please contact Olivia Wilmot at owilmot [at] cfgm [dot] org or (901) 722-0028.
The grant process, which now runs December to May, is the centerpiece of the GiVE 365 annual calendar. It includes:
- December: GiVErs vote on the annual grant theme, choosing from options submitted by members
- December: Announcement of the upcoming year's grant theme
- January: Application opens online, and optional information sessions are held at The Community Foundation for potential applicants.
- February-March: Volunteer grant review teams research the nonprofit applicants and their proposed projects.
- April: The Finals event; grantees make three-minute presentations to GiVErs
- late April- early May: Members vote online for their top choices, having attended the Finals or watching the 3-minute videos online
- Mid-May: Grant awards announced