Join a Grant Review Team
GiVE 365 members are given the opportunity to further engage in the grant making process by reviewing applications with a team and making thoughtful and objective recommendations based on grant criteria. Specifically, team members are asked to:
- Fill out grant review team interest form online
- Be current members of GiVE 365
- Read, sign, and adhere to conflict of interest and confidentiality documents
- Attend one orientation and grant review meeting (as listed below)
- Review all assigned grant proposals and score them objectively according to criteria given.
In December, members will be invited to sign-up for grant review.
2019 Grant Review Timeline
- November 6 - December 6: Online grant theme voting
- December 11: Grant theme announced at holiday party; sign up for grant review teams opens
- December 18: Grant application goes live
- February 1: Last day for members to register for grant review
- February 7: Nonprofit grant applications due
- February 13: 5:30-7:00 p.m. Grant review team orientation I*
- February 19: 5:30-7:00 p.m. Grant review team orientation II*
- Grant review team off-site meet-ups between February 13 and March 18, decided on a team-by-team basis
* It is only necessary to attend one orientation.
- March 19, 6:00-8:00 p.m. (mandatory for all) Grant review meeting; finalists chosen
TBD: The Finals
- 5:30 p.m. Team captain (or delegate) and grantee(s) meet
- 6:00 p.m. Reception
- 6:45 p.m. Presentations begin
April: Online voting through April 23
April 30, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Team captain meeting to review awards based on voting analysis
- (TBD): GiVE 365 grant awards announced at the Community Foundation's Annual Meeting
Download a pdf of the grant review timeline here.